- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 4K60p 10-Bit Internal Video, Canon Log 3
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 40 fps Electronic Shutter
- Movie Digital IS
- Vertical Movie Mode
- Microphone Input, Headphone Output
- Multi-Function Shoe, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
A lightweight, travel-friendly, full-frame camera body, the Canon EOS R8 Mirrorless Cameraoffers powerful photo and video capabilities for both photographers and multimedia content creators. Utilizing a newly developed sensor also found in the EOS R6 Mark II, the R8 features a 24.2MP CMOS sensor paired with a DIGIC X processor. Together, this combination provides outstanding stills performance, impressive 4K 60p 10-bit video, and fast autofocus.
Additionally, a large 3.0" 1.62m-dot vari-angle touchscreen makes it easy to compose and shoot from virtually any angle. With touch and drag functionality, you can intuitively and swiftly move the autofocus point on the touch-panel LCD.
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, livestreaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a remote port, a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, a microphone input, and a headphone jack for monitoring sound.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you've captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer, by connecting to Wi-Fi quickly and seamlessly. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.