- Close-Up Filming Indoors or Outside
- Ultra-Wide 4K100p Stabilized Video
- Propeller Guards for Safe Flying
- Up to 6.2-Mile Video Transmission Range
- Downward Sensing Obstacle Avoidance
- Emergency Brake & RTH Safety Features
- Up to 18 Minutes of Flight Time
- 3 Speed Modes from 17.9 to 60.4 mph
Safely film steady, ultra-wide 4K stabilized video indoors or outside, in and around objects, with the DJI Avata FPV Drone. Sporting what some call a "cinewhoop" design, the Avata comes in a palm-sized form factor with all four propellers protected with attached guards. This allows for close-up filming indoors, near people, and through small openings without risking damage or injury to people and property. If the Avata does come in contact, it can just bounce off and keep flying. For a more immersive experience with intuitive controls, you can opts to pair the Avata with optional Goggles 2, FPV Goggles V2, and the DJI Motion Controller.
Wide-Angle Stabilized Video
The Avata comes equipped with a 48MP 1/1.7" CMOS sensor, which supports up to 4K video at 100 fps. This footage is shot with an ultra-wide 155° FOV that mimics how we see with our own eyes for a natural and realistic experience. The footage is stabilized in two ways using RockSteady 2.0 EIS and HorizonSteady EIS. RockSteady EIS works to reduce camera shake, while HorizonSteady locks the Avata's footage to a level horizon.
Utilizing 2T2R omnidirectional antennas, the Avata can feed your controller or compatible FPV goggles (both not included) with Full HD 1080p video at up to 100 fps, with only a 30 ms latency, and at a 50 Mb/s data transfer rate. The footage is compressed with H.265 to save on storage space when saving videos, and it can be sent from up to 6.2 miles away.
A downward binocular vision sensor and ToF depth sensor work conjunctively to detect obstacles on the ground during flight. This gives pilots the ability to safely fly low-altitude and indoor flights.
The propeller guards usually let the Avata take a bump and keep on flying, but what if the Avata hits hard enough to fall and land on its back like a turtle? Just activate Turtle Mode with a few taps to have the Avata flip itself right side up and get back to flying.
Virtual Flight App
Designed for Windows, iOS 12.0+, and Android 9.0+, this software lets new and experienced pilots practice flying indoors and outside, honing their skills from a variety of preinstalled simulated scenarios.
- Shoot in D-Cinelike mode to allow for advanced color grading during post-production
- Ducted aerodynamic design for up to 18 minutes of flight time
- Three speed modes: Normal (up to 17.9 mph), Sport (up to 31.3 mph), and Manual (up to 60.4 mph)
- Take still JPEG photos at up to 4000 x 3000 resolution
- Capable of withstanding Level 5 winds of up to 24 mph
- microSD slot for optional cards up to 256GB
- Compatible with FPV Remote Controller 2, Goggles V2, FPV Goggles V2, and DJI Motion Controller